Monday 6 February 2017

After dinner speaker at The Rotary Club of Lutterworth Wycliffe.



A great night. 

I was invited to speak about my life as an actress and author by 
The Rotary Club of Lutterworth Wycliffe, on Jan 23rd 
at The Greyhound, Market Street, Lutterworth,

The old saying, "Don't fee the actors" went out of the window. 


Roast beef and all the trimmings? Oops! I'd forgotten to tell the Rotary club member, David, who booked me that I didn't eat red meat. I said no problem, I was happy to eat the vegetables, which I was - and there were plenty. However, no sooner had I mentioned it than David asked the kitchen to prepare something else. They did, a succulent chicken breast. It really was excellent. But my 5 stars has to go to the pud. Apple crumble and custard, now who could say not to that?


There were not photographs taken during my talk, but here are a few taken afterwards.
The people of Lutterworth Rotary Club Wycliffe, really were super.









Giving President Peter Sweatman four novels for their next raffle.
With David and Marcia.  Fabulous people.




What a lovely surprise it was to see my beautiful cousin Lesley (in the yellow jacket), her husband Martin, and their friend who used to come to the Fox Inn with her husband,
when my mum and dad were Landlady and Landlord.




Last but but by no means least, a had my photograph taken with author, Tony Bailey, who wrote Lutterworth in Wartime. Every time I tried to buy a copy at, Oh Lovely, in Lutterworth, they had run out. However, Tony gave me a signed copy. It's fascinating. Packed with local information.
I could have done with it before I wrote Foxden Acres.

 Thank you, Tony.




A lovely evening. Thank you for asking me along to be your after dinner speaker,
It was a pleasure.


Rotary Clubs do an amazing amount of charity work. They not only send aid to disaster zones, they send doctors too. My aunt and uncle, Eileen and Bob Derrick, filled over 800 water boxes that went to countries where there were sever droughts.

The Rotary Club raises money for many charities and good causes. The Santa Runs alone have raised more than £87,000. They also raise money to support young people. They stage young Chef and Young Designer Competitions, Young Writer and Young Musicians, and they maintain a boat which teaches disabled people to sail.  And many, many, more things - from teaching road safety to supporting hospices.

Thank you for a wonderful evening.
Proud to speak my time and the small gift of my novels.  

No comments:

Post a Comment